With Christmas quickly approaching, outdoor decorations are popping up all around. Here are a few hints to keep you and your lawn safe this winter.
- If you choose to use large, heavy decorations in your design, make sure they aren’t sitting in the same spot on your grass for more than a week or two. Otherwise, they can damage the grass underneath.
- Make sure your lights are rated as outdoor lights. This information should be clearly written on the box of lights.
- Timers can be a great investment. It not only makes things simpler for you, but it also keeps you from having excessive foot traffic on your lawn from turning the lights on and off.
- Make sure that you securely anchor all decorations so that the wind or a pet doesn’t knock them over.
- If you need to use a ladder or step stool when installing your lights, be careful and safe. Better yet, if possible, have a friend or family member help steady the ladder. The last thing you want to do is show up for Christmas dinner with broken bones!