- Look for a company with great customer service. If they don’t have time to answer your
questions or provide you with an estimate, they don’t have time to clean your gutters properly.
- Proof of insurance is a must. This one step can save you the time, hassle, and liability of injuries.
- Ask direct questions about what technique will be used to clean debris from your home. This
could make or break the results, leaving money out of your pocket.
You’ve worked all winter to have your yard fertilized and ready for spring. Why let the beautiful work be hidden in darkness?
Yard lighting is an inexpensive way to make your home more inviting and show off your lush grass.
Lighting is also a great security measure for you and your family. Consider motion activated sensors for especially dark areas that entice unwanted guests.
Show off your lawn and protect your family by calling us today!
Did you know fall leaves create an acidic environment for your grass?
Weeds love this and thrive on the improper ph balance lawns receive from winter neglect. If you want a deep luscious green lawn that will impress your neighbors, you need to ask us about lime applications today!
Not only will this improve the strength and weed resistance, but it will also add more nutrients that the soil needs to keep grass healthy into the summer.
We can make your lawn so great it will make your neighbors green with envy!
If your lawn has fescue or ryegrass, listen up! Fall is the most important time to fertilize. This last act of spreading “grass vitamins” will give your yard the strength it needs to make it through the cold winter. Avoiding nutrient deficiencies now will guarantee a beautiful yard come spring. Winter is the time for cool season grass to recover, so ensure your yard is protected today.
If you’d like us to fertilize, aerate, or over-seed your lawn please let us know and we’ll be happy to help.
Friday, November 3, 2017
- Swamp Rabbits Hockey Game: Come out and see the Swamp Rabbits battle the South Carolina Stingrays @ 7:00pm at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena! Location: 650 N Academy St, Greenville, SC 29601 Price: See website for different deals!
- Ghost the Musical (Nov 2-5): “GHOST THE MUSICAL follows Sam and Molly, a young couple whose connection takes a shocking turn after Sam’s untimely death. Trapped between two worlds, Sam refuses to leave Molly when he learns she is in grave danger. Desperate to communicate with her, he turns to a storefront psychic, Oda Mae Brown, who helps him protect Molly and avenge his death.” (Greenville website) Price: prices vary-see website
- Location: Centre Stage-Professional Theatre, 501 River St, Greenville, SC 29601
- Time: 8:00pm Friday; 2:00pm Saturday; 3:00pm Sunday
- Website: https://centrestage.org/ghost-the-musical/
- Les Miserables (Oct 31-Nov 5): “Cameron Mackintosh presents the new production of Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schönberg’s Tony Award®-winning musical phenomenon, Les Misérables, direct from its acclaimed Broadway return. Featuring the beloved songs “I Dreamed A Dream,”“On My Own,”“Stars,” “Bring Him Home,” “One Day More,” and many more, this epic and uplifting story has become one of the most celebrated musicals in theatrical history. With its glorious new staging and dazzlingly reimagined scenery inspired by the paintings of Victor Hugo, this breathtaking new production has left both audiences and critics awestruck.” (Greenville Website) Price: Starts at $45 (some are one sale-see website) Location: The Peace Center Time: T-TH 7:30pm, Fri (11/3) 8:00pm, Sat (11/4) 2:00pm, Sun (11/5) 1:00pm & 6:30pm Website: https://www.peacecenter.org/
Saturday, November 4, 2017
- Swamp Rabbits Hockey Game: Come out and see the Swamp Rabbits battle the Jacksonville Icemen @ 7:00pm at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena! Location: 650 N Academy St, Greenville, SC 29601 Price: See website for different deals!
- HOPE Relay: Grab a friend, or two, or three and help the project Hope foundation raise money for children with autism! “The HOPE 20k Run Relay is a team relay event. Each of the 4 team members (team may consist of 1,2, 3 or 4 members) will run the 5k (3.1 mile) course loop individually, exchanging a slap bracelet between the runner who is completing the loop and the next participant. To record the team’s official time, the last runner must wear the designated bib with a timing chip in it.” (Project Hope Foundation) Price: $25 per person (includes a race shirt) Location: 300 Smith Rd, Greenville, SC 29615 Time: Race starts at 9:00am. See website for more details about other races such as the Hope Boot Camp 5k! Website: https://hoperelay.org/
Sunday, November 5, 2017
- OVER THE RIVER AND THROUGH THE WOODS: This comedic play, written by Joe DiPietro, will be presented and performed at Greenville Little Theatre. “Nick has been offered a dream job that will take him to Seattle and away from New Jersey and his lovable, but annoying, Italian-American grandparents whom he visits each Sunday. The family begins to hatch plots and schemes to keep Nick around, even setting him up with the woman of his dreams.” Sounds like a good one! See the website for more information about more times and ticket prices!
- Location: 444 College Street, Greenville, SC 29601
- Time: 3:00pm
- Website: https://www.greenvillelittletheatre.org/
Cleaning up the leaves in your front yard is the best thing you can do for the health of your fescue grass. Too many leaves blocks sunlight and reduces water evaporation which can cause fungus and mold to grow on the fescue grass underneath. Although fescue grass is very tough, if the leaves are cleaned up too late it could be very damaging because the grass might not recover from the mold and fungus that has grown onto it.
Leaving wet, old, rotting leaves (which also attracts mosquitoes) on the grass may leave you re-planting seeds in the springtime. Fescue grass is already known to need to be re-planted in the fall from the stress the sun had caused it in the summer.
Feel free to contact us if you’re in need of a lawn clean up!
Nightmare Dungeon (October 27 & 28)
Known to be one of the scariest haunted houses in
the upstate. All new for 2017 is the Abandoned Cabin. All tours are self guided, therefore no
waiting in line! Check the website for prices!
Phone: 864-905- 2289
Location: 645 Old Anderson Road, Greenville (Powdersville area)
Greenville Rec’s Enchanted Forest
(presented by Safe Kids Upstate) (October 27 & 28)
Fun trick-or- treating for children 10 and under. There are storybook characters, face painting,
carnival games, and a costume contest! There is no charge for parents or children under 2
(unless participating in events).
Prices (for children under 10 only): $5 in advance, $7 at the door
Location: Pavillion Recreation Complex, 400 Scottswood Road, Taylors, SC
Future Scholar Boo in the Zoo—Greenville (October 27-29)
Kids should come in a costume
to trick-or- treat their way around the zoo, featuring the new not-very- scary house!
Prices: for a member adult, $6 for a member child; $6 for non-member adult and $7 for a non-member child.
Location: 150 Cleveland Park Drive, Greenville, SC
Time: 5:30pm-8:00pm Friday; 4:00pm-8:00pm Saturday and Sunday
Phone: 864-467- 4300
Chopped “Spooktacular” Dinner Challenge (October 27)
The class will divide up into 4
groups with each group doing one course of the meal. You must use all of the “spooktacular”
ingredients provided (you do not need to be a seasoned cook-there will be a chef on hand for
assistance). At the end of each course, the other participants will vote for taste, creativity, and
presentation. The winning group will receive a gift basket of foodie fun and a gift certificate for a
future cooking class!
Location: The Cook’s Station, 659 S Main St, Greenville, SC 29601
Phone: 864-250- 0091
Ghost: The Musical (October 27-29)
“GHOST THE MUSICAL follows Sam and Molly, a
young couple whose connection takes a shocking turn after Sam’s untimely death. Trapped
between two worlds, Sam refuses to leave Molly when he learns she is in grave danger.
Desperate to communicate with her, he turns to a storefront psychic, Oda Mae Brown, who
helps him protect Molly and avenge his death.” (Greenville website)
Price: prices vary-see website
Location: Centre Stage-Professional Theatre, 501 River St, Greenville, SC 29601
Time: 8:00pm Friday; 2:00pm Saturday; 3:00pm Sunday
Alchemy Improv Shows (October 26-28)
Entertainment at Coffee Underground’s theatre,
putting on two improv shows each night. There are featured stand-up comedy shows but
Alchemy specializes in improv.
Price: 7:30pm shows $8 and 9:00pm mainstage shows $10.
Location: Coffee Underground, 1 E Coffee St Greenville, SC 29601
Friday, October 20, 2017
– Boo in the Zoo: The Greenville Zoo is decorated for Halloween for people to go through and trick-or-treat. Time: 5:30 PM- 8:00 PM Contact: 864-467-5704
Saturday, October 21, 2017
– Fall Festival 2017: For those who would like to see the exotic animals at Safe Haven & Educational Adventures, Inc. admission is free. If you’d like to touch the animals, the cost is $5. There will be a wide variety of animals including: birds, lizards, tortoises, bobcat, alligators, and even monkeys, and more. There’s food, raffles, and games and crafts for the kids.
Time: 11:00 AM- 5:00 PM
– TD Bank Saturday Market: Two blocks of downtown Greenville’s Main Street are transformed into a farmers’ market named the TD Saturday Market. There are roughly 75 tents housing a vendor selling the season’s freshest produce. There are local musicians playing in the street as well as a local chef’s cooking demonstration. Address: 102 S Main St, Greenville, SC 29601 Phone: 864-467-4494 Time: 8:00 AM- 12:00 PM Website: http://saturdaymarketlive.com
– Story Time with Miss Debi: In the kid’s Nook, Miss Debi will read stories of adventure, mayhem, and joy in M Judson Booksellers & Storytellers. A story time treat will be provided by The Chocolate Moose! Address: 130 S Main St, Greenville, SC 29601 Phone: 864-704-2410 Time: 10:30 AM- 11:00 AM Website: http://www.mjudsonbooks.com/
Get ready for three days of jam-packed music, food and fun, as Hickory celebrates the 32nd Annual Oktoberfest, held in Downtown Hickory on October 13, 14 and 15, 2017.
Hickory Downtown Development Association hosts Oktoberfest sponsored by the City of Hickory, Food Lion, Sheetz, Pepsi, United Beverages, Food Lion Feeds, Charter Spectrum, Focus, WHKY , WMNC Big Dawg,WSGE, Hickory Jaycees, Hickory Music Factory and Touring Logistics.
What if you were told that there’s a high probability that the walls and ceilings in your home could be damaged by one small error? Well, many home owners live with this high probability each day; some not many days away from water leakage into their homes (possibly resulting in flooding) and/or damaged, rotted fascia boards. Why, you ask? Continue reading “Gutters, A simple error can be costly.”